We are hiring: Front-end developer.
Excellent learning environment with award-winning prospects
Come join our team as a full-time front end developer, working on exceptional projects with award-winning design. You will be working with the latest and greatest in front-end technology, implementing demanding and powerful user experiences as part of a casual, friendly and passionate team that will make you feel at home.
Your skill set must include:
- 2+ years experience in HTML and CSS using a preprocessor (Less / SCSS)
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including good command of the english language
- Willing to learn new skills and expand your toolset constantly
Additionally, we’ll value the following:
- Experience with Drupal
- Knowledge of git workflow
- component-based design
- Principles of BEM/SMACSS
- React (or similar JS frameworks)
- Object-oriented programming
- Degree in a related discipline
Our ideal candidate will also have a side passion, that we aim to nurture and grow. We are mostly interested in any of the following two directions:
- Design focus. You “get” design. You dabble in Photoshop, Illustrator or Sketch and you try your hand in design, despite having no formal training. You want to refine your design eye and learn the principles of typography, color theory and layout. You will spend time with our designers discussing alternatives and suggestions, eventually getting creative freedom for interpreting design directions and implementing animations or choreographies alone. You may soon become the go-to person when it comes to suggesting novel visual interactions for new projects.
- Back-end focus. Elegant code inspires you. You know the basics of PHP and want to learn how Drupal developers work their magic behind the scenes. Perhaps you’ve put together a Drupal website or three, seen the limits of what you can do via the UI and want to go beyond. You will receive mentoring from our back-end developers, and progressively you will be tasked with site-building, module development or similar back-end activities.
Beyond your main tasks as a front-end developer, you’ll also be part of the administrative assembly, you’ll be doing research, participate in training sessions, conferences, workshops and events as well as take part in any other aspects of the business where you feel you can meaningfully contribute.
- Competitive salary in line with your experience
- Full insurance
- Adherence to 8-hour work shifts (we avoid overtime)
- Generous vacation leaves
What we do in Point Blank
Point Blank is a design & Drupal digital agency. We deliver beautiful and effective websites, ranging from portfolio and brochure sites to e-commerce and complex online informational systems. We apply a custom approach to all our projects, utilising the appropriate mix of UX, cutting-edge tech and effective modern design to deliver customer satisfaction. Our work has received numerous national and international awards and merits. We value our contribution to the greek Drupal community and have helped host and organise numerous community events, while participating regularly in most european gatherings.
Our structure is horizontal, emphasising personal responsibility and empowerment. We want to allow each of our members to grow the skills that make them most happy, helping bring their most positive aspects forward and utilising each person’s unique calling to greatest effect. We are proud of our relaxed, friendly atmosphere, even in times of increased client pressure.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
If you believe you would be a good fit for the role, please send us your CV and link to your porfolio, sample work, personal blog, public repo or similar to firstname.lastname@example.org